Dealing with a break up is a difficult task. No matter how many times a person dissolves a relationship; it doesn’t seem to get easier. Personal growth is the greatest healer. As individuals are able to learn from the experience; they are able to move on and heal from it. It no longer becomes only about loss and heartache, but also about growth, strength and courage. As individuals make a conscious effort to put their best foot forward and adopt a fresh and healthy attitude; they start to feel better.
Our thoughts are extremely powerful. What we focus on; we create. If our mind becomes stuck in the past; we become a prisoner of the past-unable to be open to new experiences, opportunities and people (OM Times). If individuals are diligent about steering their mind in the direction they want to go in-life will follow. When individuals are in a positive state of mind, they are able to attract positive experiences and people. Below are five tips that allow individuals to heal after heart-break.
1. Disconnect from your ex’s energy. Get rid of your ex’s stuff. You can keep a few items; however get rid of the shrine you have created and/or acquired. Eliminate the connection and temptation to contact them.
2. Change your thinking. This is difficult to do. People are most vulnerable to think of their ex when they are alone and feeling lonely. Do not stay in that spot. Redirect your thoughts and energy elsewhere.
3. Love yourself. Remember your self-worth. Be the person you are wanting to attract. Read positive affirmations, create a mantra or write yourself a letter of what you want from life. Reference these items when you are feeling down.
4. Be clear about what and who you want in your life. Have clarity of the type of people you want to surround yourself with. What are the qualities you are seeking in all the relationships that you have? Create a list of characteristics that you are seeking in a partner. Ensure that you manifest those qualities as well.
5. Be compassionate and patient with yourself. Remember that challenging situations provide the greatest opportunities for growth. Remember that you are human and have limitations. Be kind and patient during the process.
A.C.T. will provide free resource information for individuals and families to help promote education. For more information, please contact Dr. Drecun at Dr.Drecun@a4ct.com or (858) 792-3541. You may also visit us online at www.a4ct.com. ACT serves the Del Mar 92014 and Rancho Santa Fe 92067 area.