Having and raising children is one of the greatest gifts, miraculous, most challenging, growth provoking and rewarding experiences in one’s lifetime. With this incredible experience comes tremendous responsibility. As parents and/or mentors; it is our responsibility to guide our children in a manner that is going to facilitate their own personal growth and contribution to society. Our imprint on them will last forever. As a result, we are responsible in their upbringing and providing them with a path that is going to be conducive to their well-being. These precious and impressionable individuals are looking to us for direction that will be fruitful and hopefully allow them to realize their fullest potential. As conscious adults we have the joyous opportunity and social responsibility to empower our youth by providing them with tools to create positive personal growth and empowerment into their daily living. Providing them a life of personal strength, endurance and positive and joyous living.
Listed below are 5 Ways to Empower the Children in Your Life:
1. Respect Their Individuality: All sentient beings are walking their own path including your children. Children have a beat to their own drum. Taking the time to allow them to be individuals, to make choices that are developmental appropriate will instill confidence and self esteem. It is important to provide your children with opportunities to engage in self-mastery and independence.
2. Encourage Their Knowledge: Empower your children by allowing them to explore the vast realm of knowledge out there. Knowledge is infinite. Children are sponges for information. They can never soak up enough and are naturally inquisitive. Foster and nurture their curiosity. Make learning fun!
3. Honor Your Truth: You are a living and breathing example for your child. Lead by example. You are their teacher. They will emulate all behaviors you engage in: positive or negative. Be the person you want your child to be. Demonstrate through actions your values. Know your truth, speak your truth, and feel your truth. Living and honoring your personal truth will encourage them to do the same.
4. Practice Unconditional Love: Show your child there is so much love in the world to give and receive. Teach them (by example) to love themselves and others. Loving them unconditionally allows them to love themselves unconditionally, to be accepting and compassionate with themselves. These are important aspects of self-worth.
5. Live In Gratitude: Living in gratitude teaches a sense of appreciation for themselves and all that is. Practicing gratitude allows children to experience thanksgiving and helps combat depression. It makes life meaningful and allows children to stay mindful and experience joy.
These are just a few ways you can encourage empowerment within our children. The children are forming the future. Take time to open their eyes to all that life has to offer.
Source: Robin Marvel
A.C.T. will provide free resource information for individuals and families to help promote education. For more information, please contact Dr. Drecun at Dr.Drecun@a4ct.com or (858) 792-3541. You may also visit us online at www.a4ct.com. ACT serves the Del Mar 92014 and Rancho Santa Fe 92067 area.